Web design different skills and disciplines in the production and maintenance of websites. The various areas of web design includes web graphic design; interface design; authoring, including standardized code and proprietary software; search engine optimization, and user experience design. Obviously web designers are expected to have an awareness of usability.
Golden rules to create great websites:
Simple is beautiful.
Users are frustrated when they have to scan through rows and images to find what they want to search for. So, pages must be simple, website will be easier to use.
Design is paramount.
First impression is the last impression, this should be true for your website. The overall look and feel of your site should convert the client there and then.
Make website responsive.
It is crucial that website displays correctly on various screen sizes.
Develop for multiple browsers.
Check website in multiple browsers to make sure that everything appears correctly. Catch problems ahead of time instead of relying on complaints from visitors.
Check website for errors.
Being a webmaster, you must check websites on a regular basis for typos, broken links, and images that do not load correctly.
Write code yourself.
Build your site from templates and pre-written scripts, don’t be clueless when something goes wrong. Have full control over how they look and act.
Don’t forget the content.
Content is very important. Write unique content. Beautifully designed is an empty shell without content. Good design and great content is crucial.
Navigation should be intuitive.
Pages on the website should be well-organized. so that it is easier to the visitors to browse through the different sections of site.
Consistent design across all the pages within the site makes navigation a easier task.
Colors are crucial.
Color selection can make or break of a website. While choosing colors, a consistent palette of colors that don’t clash is important.
Tools and technologies Used
- Variety of tools used depends on which part of the production process is involved.
- Tools are updated over time by newer standards and software.
- Vector and raster graphics editors are used to create web-formatted imagery or design prototypes.
Skills and techniques
- Marketing and communication design
- User experience design and interactive design
- Page layout
- Motion graphics
- Quality of code
- Generated content
- Static websites
- Dynamic websites
- Homepage design
- Graphic designers to create visuals for logos, layouts and buttons.
- Internet marketing specialists to help maintain web presence.
- Strategic solutions on targeting viewers to the site.
- By using marketing and promotional techniques on the internet
- SEO writers to research and recommend the correct words to be used in particular website.
- Make the site much more accessible and found on numerous search engines
- Internet copywriter to create the written content of the page to appeal to the targeted viewers of the site.
- User experience designer incorporates aspects of user focused design considerations.
- It includes information architecture, user centered design, user testing, interaction design, and occasionally visual design.